Well! I never!

Well, I never thought I would spend a NewYears Eve like this one!
BFF and I met early to do a little shopping  and enjoy a cup of coffee before heading out for the evening.
The weather was unseasonably warm and fairly dry so life was good.The place we were headed wasn't far from the hotel so we took are time getting dressed for the party. She wore a wonderful feminine "little black dress" and I completed my outfit with a pair of slinky mid calf pants.
Several days before I checked the club's website and even called them to find out what they were featuring so I knew they were featuring a "burlesque" show. Since the venue is primarily gay I assumed the performers would be male.
I assumed wrong! Not only was the room full of straight couples, the performers were women and what a show it was!!!
In another life in a land far far away I was old enough to see the very end of live burlesque performances in Dayton and Toledo, Ohio when I was in college.
NEVER in my wildest dreams would I ever thought I would be watching one again starting my female hormones and admiring the shape of my hairless arms  working their way down to my french manicured nails.
But I was and enjoying the art form immensely! Burlesque performers and belly dancers completely embody the female form and sexuality to me.
I enjoy and learn from both.
As is the case with fun evenings, they come and go all too quickly!
I just hope the rest of 2012 can live up to it's beginning!

Comments