Enough with the Zombies!

I rarely spend the extra time and energy to get upset about a situation, but last night was getting to that point.

I met with two trans friends (one male and one female) at a relatively liberal pub which does have a mixed clientele of straight, gay and lesbian peeps. For some reason last night, I was attacked by the 20 something zombie leering women.  Look, I'm used to the so called little "I know what you are looks".  Is it too much to ask for you not to lean in towards me to do it?

Fortunately, it's happening less and less these days, so I was surprised when the zombies were out last night. Furthermore all of you know I really don't care what the public thinks. I own who I am. I know it's too much to ask to cut back the stupid reactions but I have a plan.  Maybe I should redo my business cards and just hand them out to each zombie.  Word them very simply "Yes I am a Transgender Woman" feel free to ask any respectful question you have-but don't just walk by with that incredibly cheesy look on your face. I could rant on but I ran out of room on my imaginary card already.

I know I'm speaking to the choir here in Cyrsti's Condo.

The comment made by my trans woman friend last night said it perfectly: "Maybe after a certain time here, they don't serve our kind in here?"

No, they do and I was the unpaid free entertainment. I could have at the least got a free drink. I got more attention than the two women singing.


Comments