The Elephant in the Corner

In this case our Cyrsti's Condo pachyderm in the pink tutu has her hand out.

As far as I can tell there are three basic ways you can "finance" your blog:

1.-not at all- no ads
2.-ads which do pay the blogger a minimal percent based on factors such as people "clicking" on them.
3.- the "tip jar" where you are encouraged to make a donation.

Of course you have seen the ads on my blog. In fact there is probably one flashing at you right now. Do I like them? No. Do I need them? Yes I do make a minimal amount when and if you think they are compelling enough to look at. Yes I do value the minimal amount I make. Finally, no I don't have very much say in which ad's they are.  Truly I might if I was smart enough to learn the system more.

Speaking of the almighty "system", it is bigger than the elephant in the corner.  "Back in the day" I basically played with starting blogs on a Word Press format and here on Blogger. As time went along, my very limited idea of the technical side of a blog led me here and off of Word Press.  Nothing they did...just me.

Occasionally I think about updating the format/template I work off of here. There are many and I see several pros and cons of maybe attempting an "upgrade" of sorts which will allow us to "grow" here. So we will see. Obviously I'm paranoid about doing something dumb and not being able to recapture the work I have done.

In the meantime, I figured I would fill you in about the pink tutu which is not mine. Mine is purple!

Comments