Do You Have to Pay the Dues?

I do spend moments of wonderment about the changes I have experienced in my personal transgender transition.  Often it's easy to try to out think the process.

Bottom line is I have read of or know no one who has undertaken their gender reallignment without first suffering before and during the process.

All too often I see the joy in pictures of a transgender person who is completing the process and then is tragically murdered. To be sure I don't write about them much here in Cyrsti's Condo because of the tragic anger the news evokes.

Every so often though, a post appears which captures the elation of being a transgender woman or transgender man and how we are indeed special. Here is one called "What are the top 3 things you like about being trans?" from The Transadvocate.

Here are a couple of my favorites:

"Being able to see the truth of things so many cannot see Being free to express myself as me and in doing so help liberate others Having the opportunity to fight one of the noblest and most righteous battles in the fight for equality for all."

And:

"3) Being part of an exciting and vital group of people who are exploring new conceptions of gender and sexuality; as well as coming to fresh understandings of how we fit into the older models. 2) Living an authentic life. As an artist, Truth is important to me. It is the center of everything I do. 1) My new body! I LOVE my body!!!"

Enjoy them all here.

Comments