Back Fill!

This is sort of a "companion" post to yesterday's very abbreviated "Sunday Edition" here in Cyrsti's Condo.

As you may remember, my Mother in Law is in very critical condition in the hospital and basically they have put her in a self induced coma. There isn't much to do but wait and pray that whatever happens-she is comfortable and gets to a better place. "Nuff" said.

Of my wife's family, her Mom and her sister are really the end of the line.(Of course my wife passed years ago.)  When my sister in law met up with me yesterday before we went to the hospital, see hadn't seen me for awhile.  I wasn't wearing a ball hat and the first thing she said was something to the effect of "if I didn't know your hair wasn't natural, I wouldn't know."  I said the hair or the color? The hair of course is all natural.    She said no - the color or colors from what is left from my last high lighting.  By this time, I was figuring the conversation was heading in the only direction it really could and I said, "yes my hair has been highlighted and there is a reason. Then, I told her the whole reason why, I was transgender which led to an hour's worth of questions about my life, my married life with her sister and my daughter.

Coming out to her went amazingly well with her for a couple of reasons.  First of all, with all the love in the world, I would describe her as having a couple of screws loose in the noggin. So with no real right wind political or religious agenda, I figured she would not have many issues with me coming out.  What blew me away though, was how much she already knew about trans women and men from television and it was positive.  Naturally, there were more serious issues at hand and quickly we were on our way to the hospital.

I don't recommend this idea as an ideal way to come out to a family member and I wasn't planning to bring it up.  When she was fishing with me though about what was going on as so many genetic women do-I just told her.

Ironically in her prime, she was a purse fanatic and when we got back from the hospital, she just had to show me the literally five large plastic tubs of purses she had stored away.  My wife would change bags twice a year, her sister-weekly it seemed.  At any rate, as she was going through them all and asking my opinion, she started giving me one or two
along the way. To the left you see part of the 18 purses I ended up bringing home (most in trash bags)

All I can say is, it's too bad we aren't the same size!

Comments