Old Rubbers Keep You in the Gutter

I'm am the first to admit, during the many years now I have been behind the wheel of car, I have been legendary for not driving on the best tires.

Recently though, I have been trying to clean up my act and actually up grade my tires and yes, even buy a new one every now and then.  If there is such a thing as "tire karma", it caught up with me the other day.  I had a flat (only on one side) on literally one of the best tires I have owned for awhile. Yes, I know it is sad I can remember.

As a back up plan, I shell out money for a membership to a certain well known road side auto service, who by the way, has been a life saver for me over the years.  It's been a guilty pleasure of mine to stand back and watch a guy change my tire- BUT!  The process of getting him there and doing it has been scary a couple times.

Years ago, I had one driver who had to tow my car some distance and basically refused to because of me, until they made him do it. (You may remember it from an older Cyrsti's Condo post.

Anymore though, the only real issue is the lack of me presenting a feminine voice on the phone.  I just do a terrible job and for some reason just haven't put the work into a transitioning my voice the way I have the rest of my body...on the phone. Yes, I have read the thousand ideas on how to do it but I'm lazy and my friends accept me the way I am.

Back to the phone situation...I called the service and gave them my very female name and all the info about where I was and was mis-pronouned all the way.  Didn't care, just wanted my tire fixed! Plus the person was professional and polite. I certainly didn't feel the need to get into a conversation about transgender women!

As I was left to wait and worry though about what sort of driver was going to show up to fix my tire (on a hot humid evening)  I think my blood pressure was near a boiling point.

Turns out I didn't have to worry.  He cheerfully fixed my tire, needlessly explained why he thought such a fine piece of engineering blew out and - called me mam.

Again I was allowed to enjoy watching a man do all the heavy lifting for me, although I don't recommend the process! Although I seeming have a real need to do things the hard way, this wasn't one of them!

Comments