Cyrsti's Condo "Sunday Edition"

"Ker Plunk"!!!! Another Sunday is here in the Condo and time for yet another weekly recap!  The "Joe" is brewing so enjoy the aroma of your first cup of coffee and lets get started.

Page 1.- "Missy I'm Home!  I wrote all week long about the coming out process with my deceased wife's sister Missy.  I have always felt if you have the option to control how you are able to come out to someone, two stages are best.  Stage one, you tell someone and stage two you show someone.  Stage two was yesterday.  Even though my partner Liz was with me, I still felt a high level of trepidation going into the meeting.  Like everything else in life, the fear of the unknown is most of the time worse than the actual experience.

Liz and I stayed and visited for a couple hours and the whole experience was pleasurable.  Missy is one of three or four people I have come out to that I have known forever (daughter, son-in-law, etc) and the only one I have felt totally at ease doing it when I finally did.  I did have fun harassing her about using my "given" male name and by the time we left she had adjusted admirably. The whole experience was a huge success! Sadly, the list of people I have at my age (64) to come out to in either stage has shrunk so dramatically by death.  I can count them on one hand.

"Anson Mount"

Page 2.- "Trans-Crush!"  Ever watch the series on the AMC Network (who also produced "Breaking  Bad" called "Hell on Wheels?"   The new season started this weekend and the channel did a "marathon" of all past shows.  After viewing my fair share of the old episodes I learned two things: I loved them all and I would have Anson Mount's children!





"Aleshia Brevard"
Page 3.- We Got Mail!  We did a 'remember" post on a trans woman pioneer who is often forgotten by the name of Aleshia Brevard who was actually the first mtf transsexual in prime time television.  As luck would have it, Sally Bend who stops by the Condo, has actually corresponded with her and said:

I actually just got a review copy of her first book, THE WOMAN I WAS NOT BORN TO BE, last week. Had a chance to briefly chat with her via email as well, and she was so incredibly sweet.

Thanks Sally!



Page 4.- The back Page.  All too soon it's time to bid all of you a fond farewell!  As always, thanks for taking a bit of your precious time to stop by Cyrsti's Condo!  Have a great week! 



Comments