I Love My Family

As expected, my visit with my grand kids went well. The trip to their house took about an half hour and gave me time to think how I could screw this up. 

The clearest answer I could come up with was to take them for granted. I very much knew my daughter would be setting me up for success. I have written a number of times here in Cyrsti's Condo about the diverse household my daughter and son in law encourage. Plus, I knew the kids had been waiting for this since February.

So, after the initial change of my appearance-we dove right into the differences between a gay person and a transgender person. As it turns out all the kids knew a friend with two "Daddies or two Mommies." 

From there I went into a "why me?" conversation. Of course the only answer I could give was I have no idea. I also added in I would not wish being trans on my worst enemy. I only cried once today as I said waking up in the morning not knowing if I wanted to be a boy or girl destroyed me for most of my life.

About that time I was losing the attention span of the eight year old, and he bailed. I went into the basics of HRT and that there were transgender men too.

Finally, before we ate, I explained to the ten year old boy and 13 year old girl the basic differences between gender and sex.

I have also said a number of times, I am not sure what I have done to deserve the incredible nurturing group of family and friends I have. But, as I told the group today-I can count on two hands the people I really care what they think of me, ( or not. )

I would hope my grand kids came away from today with the deeper message to believe in themselves. What goes around-comes around and I loved what came around today!  


Comments