Just the Transgender Facts Mam

Darla Lannert  served two tours of duty in Vietnam as Rick Lannert. “Trust me, I never chose this. People don’t choose to be humiliated, have their life threatened, lose their family and friends,” she says.

Darla Lannert served two tours of duty in Vietnam as Rick Lannert. “Trust me, I never chose this. People don’t choose to be humiliated, have their life threatened, lose their family and friends,” she says.

As you all probably know, I am a trans vet-a draft induced Vietnam Era vintage one. Yesterday, I saw these figures which I found interesting and of course wanted to pass along to all of you.

These come from the Wisconsin Journal Sentinel:   

  1. 12,800-the estimate of active duty trans military members.
  2. Transgender people are twice as likely to serve in the military as the general population.
  3. According to an UCLA Study, an estimated one in five transgender women or men are trans.
  4. Read more here!

Comments