Think Before You Answer

I read a story not long ago about a working friend (male)/boss who had an employee in a professional situation who came she came out to him as a transgender woman. 

It turned out, the boss accompanied her to a dinner or and saw up close and personal how difficult a journey his friend/coworker had undertaken. Seemingly, she couldn't shake the ravages of being mis-pronouned as well as other gender problems the boss could only imagine.

It's not a new story and you can read it here, but the trans woman attempted to return to her old life-which ended in a suicide. Sadly, perhaps as relevant today as when the story was written.

My question to you is: would you take a "Get Out of Jail Free" card and jump back into being a guy. But, before you answer-a guy with no transgender or crossdresser wiring AT ALL?

I know I would (no matter how I know it can/will never happen.) To this day I can look at a group of guys with pitchers of beer and plates of wings and wonder how it would be to in that group again.

My problem is though I was never really a part.  But I have always thought, doing what is right for me (the girl thing) felt as right as the sun coming up in the morning. Even though I know I will never escape the ravages of a life of testosterone on my body.

I just thought it was a good question to ponder!!!!


Comments