It Was Soooo Easy!

"Back in the day" I tried to buy into the idea of women being domestic "princesses". I would "bribe" my wife into dressing up in heels, hose and a dress to have supper waiting when she got home from work.

I even wrote perfumed letters to an "admirer."

My, have times changed!  I just as soon go to a good restaurant than cook, dress attractively (but comfortably) and can barely remember the time I have received a real live letter. I have written here several times about my wife chiding me by saying I was just a pretty mirror princess and knew nothing about being a woman.

Since I am not the sharpest tack in the box, it took me years to finally figure out what she meant-but I did.

The journey started in what I called transvestite mixers in a group called the "Paradise Club." The closest meeting to me was over a hour and a half in Cleveland, Ohio. It was those meetings that I got to meet everyone from men in dresses smoking cigars and wearing cowboy hats in drag all the way to who I called the "A" listers, who seemed destined to take their so called "hobby" to greater lengths. In fact I knew two who went all the way through SRS.

I still was lost though. It seemed the more I experienced, the more questions I had and the transgender word or concept was still years to come. So, I kept on searching for who I really was not knowing I was still years away and one suicide attempt from figuring it out.

Looking back I often wonder how much easier my life would have been if I had just wanted to stay a guy.

I just couldn't do it.

Comments