It's Graduation Time

Yesterday, Liz's son graduated from a very rural Indiana high school. In some ways I still felt the old trepidation about going, but in other ways felt honored. 

It turned out, I didn't get much of a second glance and I wasn't pulled out and burned at a stake, so life went on.

As I watched though, I began to try to respond to Liz's questions to my graduation colors etc. The problem is next year is my 50th reunion and I don't remember many of the details, except not really wanting to be there at all.

Also, next year will be the big 5-0 reunion which I think I have discussed attending (or not) here at JJ's. 

My answer was and is-no I am not going for a couple of reasons.

The first is, I didn't know many people from the school when I went there and made no so called "life time" friends. If I did make those friends I would see them anyhow.

The second is, I don't want to be the entertainment and I don't need to make a statement for transgender women everywhere with an appearance.

The third is, ten years ago when I ran the most popular restaurant in town, they couldn't seem to find me then, so they don't need to find me now.

Good enough? 

Comments