It's LGBT Pride Month!

With all the happenings around the world, it is easy to forget it is LGBT Pride month. Around Ohio at least, that means celebrations in cities of any size around Ohio.

It used to be Pride Parades seemingly were meant for gaudy drag queens melting in the sun. Now it seems the transgender "T" is becoming more visible. All of a sudden, trans people aren't afraid to come out of the closet and be seen.

Around Ohio at least, Columbus continues to lead the way with the most entertaining Pride week. For me, my new hometown of Cincinnati will be where I attend the Pride festivities. I plan on dressing comfortably because as of now the event is still several weeks away and hopefully the weather will be dry.

Ironically enough, I have the opportunity to connect with several interested parties at Pride.  Because of previous commitments, I will be helping our Ohio Witches Ball committee. We will be passing out brochures promoting the Halloween event.

I look at it this way, what is better than having a real transgender woman helping to promote their event :)

Comments