I Will NEVER Understand

Last night we went to a movie. No big deal, right?

I guess it was to a bald redneck who was rapidly glaring at me and elbowing his wife to look and stare. Really??? Weren't they taught any matters before they quit school in the 8th grade?

It's ridiculous I know to even rant about it, but I do. It will always bug me.

What business is it of anyone to invade my life and the way this guy was glaring, he could have done more than just glare if he was closer to me. As it was, he was standing clear across the lobby. I should have asked the jerk if he had bought an extra ticket to gawk at me, but as always, it was definitely not the time to draw an imaginary line in the sand.

The best I can hope for at my age I guess is that the younger LGBT transgender community has it easier.  Because I'm not changing.

Comments

Mandy Sherman said…
Definitely infuriating...but best to hold off on a direct confrontation. You don't know if he might have a "great equalizer" under his shirt or in his boot. That could ruin your day...

Mandy

Anonymous said…
I wholeheartedly agree with both of you although I'd be hard pressed not to confront him. Too many people now are carrying firearms. It's not worth the risk to yourself. I need to keep reminding myself of that, too.

Emma