Blessings

Every once in a while, I have to step back and take a look at the transgender privilege I enjoy (knock on wood.)

An example was Saturday when Liz and I went to a family picnic at my daughter's mother in law's house. As always, I was greeted warmly and no mention was made of any LGBT issues. (Mine.) I even wore my "VA Serves LGBT Veterans" rainbow wrist band.

I am aware having a family which accepts me for who I am is rare and maybe getting rarer in this day and age. Plus, let's not forget, I have a partner who has always perceived me as a woman.

Now, I am not including my only brother's side of the family which doesn't except me at all, but they can go to hell.

Also, Sunday was another one of our Cincinnati Witches Ball meetings, where I am just me to everyone there.

Most certainly, acceptance does wonders for my confidence going forward in life! There is a rainbow in my future :)

Comments