Monday, September 25, 2017

Time to Get Active!

Before transition and weight loss.
I wrote the other day about weight loss as a way to better present yourself as a transgender woman. And, how I lost about 50 pounds before HRT set in and my male metabolism slowed down.

Now I have gained back about twenty pounds and it is time to do something about it. It is especially important now as thanks to the hormones, I am adding hip tissue for the first time. Naturally that means I want a more defined waist line to take advantage of the process.

Some of you have asked how do I take my estrogen. I take estrodial in patch form. I started with pills until my new endocrinologist said he thought patches would be easier on my system. Other transgender women I know have told me they had problems with the patches staying on, but that has never been a problem for me. I never have considered shots because injecting myself never seemed like having kicks and giggles.

Speaking of hormones, last Friday, I battled a bout of melancholy when I put on my new patches and was "weepy" into the next day. The symptoms fortunately didn't go into hot flashes, which I have had before. Mainly when I started the dosage of HRT I am on now.

Whatever the symptoms, I look at the process as being what a normal cis woman faces at some point in her life. So, if I want to play in the girls' sandbox...get over it!  

4 comments:

  1. I had wondered why I hadn't read anything from you about swimsuits all summer. ;-) I could more than stand to lose 20 lbs myself, GF! I've heard that women of our age can carry fat at about 23% of body weight, and still be within the norm. Of course, that does depend so much on where it's carried (or maybe where it's carried away to?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have read that too...as far as bathing suits go, I haven't really even had the chance this summer to consider it. For the past couple of years, Liz and I have been able to get away on vacations which include indoor pools...so that is a possibility :)

      Delete
  2. You can do it, Cyrsti!

    Weight loss is never easy - but once you decide to commit to a permanent lifestyle change that's when the big changes happen.

    I usually say: when your life changes – your shape changes.

    If counting calories is too much for you - consider intermittent fasting. This allows you to eat whatever you want - but not when you want :)

    Wishing you the best of luck both in weight loss and in your transgender journey!

    /Adam

    ReplyDelete

A Life in Gender Flux